The Sydney International Bachata Festival would not be possible without the valuable help we receive from Volunteers each year. If you have a keen interest in the events industry and would like to work on the Bachata Festival we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for Volunteers for the following roles:
- Registration: Ticketing, giving event Information and Merchandise sales
- Workshop monitors: Monitoring ticketing, time-keeping and quality control for the Workshops
- Venue set ups & pack ups: Decor and furniture set-up, before and during the event plus event pack down.
- Artist drivers: transporting Artists to and from the airport and event venues
- Stall holder manager: (prior experience in similar role required)
- Volunteers manager: (prior experience in similar role required)
Payment / Exchange:
- ALL Volunteers are required to work 14 – 16 hours spread out over the event in exchange for a Full Event Pass and a festival T-shirt. When on your shifts you need to be focused on the job at hand and, when not helping, you are free to enjoy the event, do workshops, watch shows and party! We may also require some Volunteers to work 8 hours in exchange for a Day pass or a Party pass
- We give preference to Volunteers with event industry experience or those studying event management, tourism or similar who will directly benefit from the Volunteer experience
- While we cannot guarantee particular roles, we will do our best to match your preferences and/or experience
- We prefer our Volunteers to be available for the entire event from Thursday through to Sunday and to be reliable
- To be a Volunteer, you must NOT be a performer at the festival.
- Preference will be given to Volunteer applications with prior event industry experience and to those with full availability.