Debralee began dancing at the tender age of 5 and has been dancing for the last 25 years. She trained for over 15 years with the Jenny Kay School of Dance where she received intensive RAD (Royal Academy of Dance) classical ballet training as well as in many other styles such as Tap, Jazz, Folk and Contemporary.
In 1999 she was accepted into the prestigious Brent Street Full-time Performing Arts Course where she was awarded the Certificate IV in Performing Arts and performed at:
- The Official Opening of Stadium Australia dancing with Terence Trent D’Arby and INXX
- The Official Opening of Fox Studios Australia dancing next to Kylie Minogue and Marcia Hines to name a few.
Whilst teaching classical and contemporary dance at various schools in Sydney, Debralee was introduced to the Latin world where she discovered Samba and Reggaeton and never looked back! Debralee has been extensively studying Samba/Reggaeton for the last 7 years at Latin Dance Australia. Latin Dance Australia has allowed Debralee to grow into the artist and teacher that is today, and she credits her achievements on the wonderfully talented and gifted teachers, directors, students who have inspired her and guided her along the way.
She has studied under such amazing persons such as: Jaime Jesus, Nestor Manuelian, Marcia Percival, Amy Mills, Graziela Oborn and Mary-Grace Brown. She considers these people as truly inspirational and would like to thank them for all their wisdom and guidance throughout the years. She has been lucky enough to perform at these prestigious events since 2006:
- The Sydney Salsa Congress
- The Sydney Latin Festival
- The Sydney International Bachata Festival
- The New Jersey International Salsa Congress, USA
- The Australian Dance Festival
- The Latin Dance Australia Annual Ball
- The Gangnam International Dance Festival, Korea
- Darling Harbour Latin Fiesta
- Darling Harbour Brazilian Festival
- The Byron Bay Latin Fiesta
- Doudoule Latin Dance Camp, to name a few!
And In 2010, she was won “Sydney’s Best Social Dancer Competition, Samba Series”. Performing and choreographing pieces for national and international audiences has been a dream coming true for Debralee and she is honoured to be teaching and performing at these prestigious events.